Roasted Lentil Granola Adapted from Oatmeal with a Fork
-3/4c Red Lentils
-1/4c Pumpkin Seeds
-2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
3 TBSP Maple Syrup
4 TSP Vanilla
1/2 TSP Cinnamon
1/4 TSP + 1/8 TSP Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
2. Add the lentils into a saucepan and cover them with water
3. Bring the mix to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and let the lentils cook for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the lentils and let them cool a bit
5. In a bowl, mix the lentils with the remaining ingredients
6. Pour the mix onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, and let them bake for 50-60 minutes (stir the mix once or twice during the time).
7. Let cool and enjoy as a snack, cereal, or as a topping on your favorite yogurt!
Submitted by Amanda Averett, MS, RDN, LDN - Nutrition HealthWorks Cornelius